Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First...

Where do I begin?

Do I stand up and say “Hi, I’m Holden and I have a blog”?

Hi Holden!

“It’s been an hour since I’ve wanted to write down random noodlings and views that I must share with the world.  I’ve hit rock bottom and am ready to adopt the 12 step program to blog.  I must fight the inner demons and commenters and make amends to others for having to read this…..”

No, really, where do I begin?

I have 40 acres, 6 boer goats, 5 chickens, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 1 wonderful wife and a log cabin in the mountain desert of Colorado.  I don’t like sliced tomatoes, and I love to read and write.  I’m allergic to stupidity and I believe that society is getting close to a tipping point and governmental entitlements are pushing us over the edge.

I hope to report to you, my few readers, the daily process of trying to get this plot of land to turn into a self-sufficient homestead.  I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club! We are an outspoken and often crazy bunch but we are honest, hardworking, and very much a community!! Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have a blog. that's wonderful. Now we all expect you to write entertaining and insightful stuff every day.

    MC

    ReplyDelete