Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Upcoming Civil War.


Too many times in movies some protagonist mentions that they can feel the storm a-comin’.  That the battle around the corner somehow causes the temperature to drop, and the dreariness of the situation manifests itself with heavy and dark clouds. 
That’s what it feels like as the government decides on how to punish its citizens for the stupidity of the few.  It’s been below -30 most nights here and I can’t remember what above freezing feels like outside. I don’t think it could get colder and bleaker, but each week Mother Nature tries to outdo Uncle Sam.
Seriously, though, there is a coming storm.  I’m not a history buff, but if I was, I could draw comparisons between 1860 and 2013.  Rural “buffoons” and urban “enlightened” people, and state’s enumerated rights all seem to come full circle.  I bet back in those days, we didn’t have the bloated federal government and IOUs to the planet to contend with. 
It seems to me that the urbanites think that anything they excrete into a toilet smells like roses.  Most believe that guns are evil and gun owners want to kill, kill, kill.  The police are their defense, and most places have response time of minutes.  Further, guns must come with the black mask and black pillowcase that they keep their loot in.  I’ve tried to explain that where I live, an hour response time from the sheriff is great, and burglars don’t wait for the sheriff to come when I call.  Anything that holds bullets must be some sort of assault rifle.  Basically, they are uneducated and ignorant fools.
I feel a civil war brewing.  It’s getting more palpable by the minute.  It’ll be over guns, but not because guns are bad or evil.  It’ll be over guns because the President wants you to look at guns as the government spends the last of the money and collapses.  Guns are a way to polarize the country in an instant, and with 24/7 media, can point out every shooting and murder as another reason to get the guns.  Anything to keep the attention off of the upcoming collapse is their motive.
It’ll be a doozy when it comes.  Everyone has a black or white answer for gun control.  Not a lot of people just don’t care about the issue.  It’s not a topic that people can ride the fence on, like abortion, Social Security, or who’s gonna win American Idol this season.  It’s a yes or no decision.  And for the people, like myself, who think that less control of guns and ammo in this country is best, it puts us in the position of the Confederacy, the rebels, the outlaws.  We buck the accepted social norm, or what the liberal agenda touts. 
Where will it begin?  Will it start with the sheriff coming for my guns? Maybe.  Maybe it will start before that, when the sheriff refuses to get obey any order that confiscates my guns.  Maybe.  Maybe it will start before that when State governors say no to the Federal government’s order to take my guns.  Maybe.  But whenever it does start, there will be no switching sides.  You are either for the Constitution or for the current Government.  Brother against brother, neighbor against neighbor, the stories all sound vaguely familiar. 
This revolution will be televised, but only by the liberal media, and only while the food stamp checks clear the bank.  After that… Your guess is as good as mine.

9 comments:

  1. Very well said. And it makes my heart ache. I have chosen my side and will not give up my rights. My rights are not negotiable. They are RIGHTS. They belong to me, to you, to all of us. We can only lose them if we give them up willingly. It makes me so sad that we have come to this.

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more worried that this gun ban is for show so people will watch this hand while that hand does even more sinister stuff...

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are surviving the cold plains of western Colorado. We have a warm front incoming today, a week in the 50's. Hopefully it's beauty won't be broken by sporadic gunfire.
    We will find out soon enough how that will go down, and how much of what we don't own is suddenly illegal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having dreams of days when I can walk outside with only 3 layers on.

      I'm not too worried-- the valley I live in is 20 years behind the times, so any gun ban will take place in 2032.

      Delete
  3. Hey Bubba, I heard from "arsenius" a while back. Seems to be doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not sign on for a renegotiation of our rights as interpreted by people who wither did not understand, or who will circumvent America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! But as long as they keep shoring up their base by digging away at our rights, it will keep getting worse.

      Delete
  5. Well said. good to see you back on the air. Stay warm, compadre.

    ReplyDelete